This document is for the people who are in the stage of learning that falls between my
tutorial and my reference. You may be able to understand how tags work, but you don't know
what tags do what. This will show you.
- How do I make links? :-) See the <a> tag.
- How do I put an image on my page? See the <img> tag.
- How do I change the background, text, link, and visited link colors? See the <body> tag.
- How do I put a background image? See the <body> tag.
- How do I put a background sound? See the <bgsound>.
- How do I make text bold? See the <b> tag.
- How do I center text and/or images? See the <center>
- How do I make text headings? See the <Hn> tag.
- How do I set the typeface, color, or size for text? See the <basefont> and the <font>
- How do I make frames? See my Frames Tutorial.
- How do I make tables? See my Table Tutorial.
- How do I make formatted lists? See my List Tutorial.
- How do I add a caption to a table? See the <caption>
- How do I show programming code? See the <code> tag.
- How do I underline plain text? See the <u> tag.
- How do I get a file from my hard drive to my homepage? See the Uploading
- How do I plan and design my page? See the Planning and Design
- How do I know what tags are? See the HTML Basics Page.
- How do I make an image a link? Put the <img> tag
inside the <a> tag.
Check back often as more will be added as I complete this site.
All rights reserved. This document may not be altered in anyway or distributed
without the expressed written consent of Gilpo. All information contained herein
is deemed to be accurate but is not warranted.